EGG & SALMON SAN CHOY BAU
- 2 x 4 packs Sunny Queen Peeled Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled & finely grated
- ¼ cup white (shiro) miso paste
- 2 tbsp each mirin, rice vinegar & honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 500g salmon (skin on), pin-boned
- 2 x bunches broccolini, blanched
- 1 x green onion (finely sliced green end)
- A good handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, plus extra to serve
- 12 butter lettuce or baby cos leaves
- Lemon wedges
STAR ANISE CUCUMBER PICKLE
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 4 tbs caster sugar
- 2 x Lebanese cucumbers – sliced thinly on an angle
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 3 x star anise
KETCHUP MANIS MAYONNAISE
- ½ cup Asian mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Ketchup Manis (sweet soy sauce)
(mix both ingredients together)
Whisk ginger, miso, mirin, vinegar, honey & sesame oil in a bowl. Brush onto salmon, and chill for 15 minutes to marinate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds then bake at 190°c for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
Heat vinegar, sugar & star anise in a small saucepan – bring to the boil and remove from heat. Allow to cool until just warm & and completely cover cucumber and onion. Allow to pickle for at least 20 minutes.
- Break up cooled salmon (discard skin) and mix gently with coriander and finely sliced green onion.
- Cut Sunny Queen Peeled Hard Boiled Eggs into quarters.
- Scoop salmon mixture into the lettuce leaves & top with Sunny Queen Peeled Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Add broccolini to finish and serve with pickled cucumber, Ketchup Manis dressing and lemon wedges.